- Sturdy, gas-injected polypropylene molded enclosures, engineered to contain undesired resonance
- B&C neodymium magnet loudspeakers custom made for FBT
- Class D, 1200W + 600W RMS power amplifiers with high efficiency switch mode power supplies
- Proprietary filter algorithms, dynamic equalization at low frequencies, and advanced energy control allow high SPL while always granting reliable and distortion free audio reproduction
- Original horn profile provides extremely accurate and uniform dispersion for the entire frequency radiation angle, not just for the horizontal and vertical plane
- An increase in total SPL thanks to our enclosure design, engineered with 4 bassreflex ports to increase the size of the radiation area, This further enhances low frequency efficiency and performance without a substantial increase in the external dimensions of the cabinets.
FBT’s Digital Signal Processor with 8 factory equalization presets provides simple and efficient EQ adjustment. Extensive tests in our anechoic chamber went into the development of these presets to optimize the ProMaxX speakers for use for numerous applications.
8 speakers in one!
The presets include:
ORIGINAL: is the typical FBT sound for general application use
FLOOR: the ProMaxX immediately becomes an ideal stage monitor
VOCAL: provides increased intelligibility and presence for vocals and speech
WARM: gives a full bodied response to the low-mid frequencies and less aggressive on the highs
HI-END SYSTEM: make the response similar to speakers used for touring sound
FARFIELD: optimize the response for listening distance over 15-20 meters, (48-65-ft,)
NEARFIELD: optimized response for listening distance of up to 8 mt (25ft,)
LOUDNESS: low frequency emphasis / presense at lower volumes for recorded music playback or disco
Our new unique 14” LF neodymium magnet woofer with a 3” voice coil is featured in the ProMaxX 14a, This 14” woofer is housed inside the same enclosure as the ProMaxX 12a, and delivers the performance of a 15” woofer, but at the size and weight of a 12”.
Two ergonomic carrying handles, M10 fly points, top-hat speaker stand socket.
2 - way enclosures have 3 monitor tapers for use as a floor wedge at 12°, 45°, 55°, providing extraordinary versatility for monitor application.